The Dad Thing – Connecting Dads With Their Families – Growing Stronger Dads
Kids need and deserve strong relationships with their parents.
The best thing that you can do for your child is to “be there” as a responsible dad. This means modeling, teaching, leading, guiding, correcting, protecting, supporting, providing, comforting, having fun—and much more.
Research shows that kids who have a dad positively involved in their life do much better in every way as they grow up, and as they begin relationships and families of their own. Dads do better in many ways too!
Your presence and involvement as a dad is important at all ages and stages! It’s never too early or too late!
Get ready for fun and relaxed learning with other dads! The classes build on your strengths and are hands-on. You can plan on learning many new skills that will help you grow stronger as a dad. Each week you will also have —- yes—- homework!
The cost of the class is $50.00 per family. Full and partial scholarships are available for those with financial need, and all requests are kept confidential. After finishing all the classes, you will graduate and receive a certificate of completion.
The DAD Thing is a 16-week program that will help you and other dads to grow in many ways. The classes cover:
- What it means to be a responsible man
- What it means to be a responsible dad
- What children need in order to learn and grow into strong, healthy adults
- Communicating positively
- Handling stress and anger
- Forgiveness and restoration
- Making the most of change
- Working through conflicts
- Co-parenting with the mother(s) of your child(ren)
- Healthy relationships
- Your physical and mental health
- Responsible sexuality